Monday, April 10, 2017

A Year of Stitches Week 15


I remember telling you all of the wedding happening in my family.  For this installment of  stitches, wedding bells are on my mind.  I'm just glad I don't have to add any of this to a gown or veil or anything else for that matter.  A swatch will do me just fine for now. 



Wedding Bells Knit Border and Crochet Wedding Bells Border



Crochet Wedding Bells: Materials
It is helpful to know that the shells of this pattern run along the top of the bells but you are crocheting one bell at a time.  So, you will begin by crocheting the shells above the first bell and then making the bell itself. At the end of that, you will work back along the side of the bell to get back to the top of it where you will crochet the next set of shells and the next bell.
Starting Chain: Ch 4.
Row 1: 2 dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 2, 3 dc in the same place as the last dc's were worked, ch 6, turn.
Row 2: 3 dc in ch-2 space, ch 2, 3 dc in same ch-2 space (shell made).
Row 3: ch 5, turn, shell (see directions above).
Row 4: ch 2, 1 dc in 3rd ch of ch-6 (this ch-6 is between the first shell made and the second shell made), ch 6, turn.
Row 5: Shell in next ch-2 sp (in center of last shell made).
Row 6: *ch 5, 9 dc in ch-5 sp (that's to the left), turn.
Row 7: ch 3 (counts as first dc), 1 dc in each of next 8 dc (9 dc). Turn.
Row 8: ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc in same stitch as ch-3 just made, 1 dc in each of next 8 dc (10 dc), turn.
Row 9: ch 3 (counts as first dc), 1 dc in each dc (10 dc), turn.
Row 10: ch 3, dc in first dc, 1 dc in each of next 9 dc (11 dc).
Row 11: ch 3, sc between the first and second dc; ** ch 3, sc between the next two dc, repeat from ** 8 more times.
Row 12: ch 12, sc in ch-5 sp at top of bell.
Row 13: ch 5, shell (in center of last shell made).
Row 14: dc in third ch of ch-5 (the ch-5 is to the left, at top of edging), turn.
Row 15: ch 6, shell, turn.
Row 16: ch 5, shell, turn.
Row 17: ch 2, 1 dc in third ch of ch-5, turn.
Row 18: ch 6, shell
Repeat: Repeat from *
Additional Important Note: After making 11 dc of second bell, ch 1, slip stitch to first ch of ch-12; repeat as over first bell.
Wedding Bells Knit Border 
Bell Edging (↓) top down
Multiple of 4 sts plus 3.
Row 1 (RS): *p3, k1. Repeat from * until the last 3 sts, p3.
Row2 (WS): *k3, p1. Repeat from * until the last 3 sts, k3.
Row 3 and 4: Repeat rows 1 and 2 once more.
Row 5: *p3, (k1, p1tbl, k1) into the next st. Repeat from * until the last 3 sts, p3.
Row 6: *k3, p3. Repeat from * until the last 3 sts, k3.
Row 7: *p3, yo, k3, yo. Repeat from * until the last 3 sts, p3.
Row 8: *k3, p5. Repeat from * until the last 3 sts, k3. When you work the yo (i.e. yb and yf) made in the previous row, make sure to twist these sts to prevent holes being made. The same applies to the subsequent rows.
Row 9: *p3, yo, k5, yo. Repeat from * the last 3 sts, p3.
Row 10: *k3, p7. Repeat from * until end.
Row 11: *p3, yo, k7, yo. Repeat from * until the last 3 sts, p3.
Row 12: *k3, p9. Repeat from * until the last 3 sts, k3.
Row 13: BO.
And now I will be back to altering the wedding gown and shopping for my own dress. 
As I get to the swatches of the various stiches, I post pictures on my twitter feed.  follow me @Wendyteaches.  You can also see them on my Instagram feed.  follow me @Wendyteaches.  They are also on my Facebook page.  Like my group at www.facebook.com/wendyteachesmrsscubafish
I realize not everyone is on all forms of social media.  I'm not.  But these are the forms I am utilizing.  I might utilize more in the future.  You never know.  Also never say never.





No comments:

Post a Comment