Sunday, January 13, 2019

Merry Christmas

To all a very Merry Christmas!

Did you give special hand crafted gifts?   Tell me about them in the comments.  Did you intend to and not get done in time?  Tell me about these in the comments too.

Let me tell you about my gift giving fails/wins.  It's all in how you spin things sometimes.  I planned to crochet cardigans for my 7 year old twin granddaughters.  I planned to knit or crochet stuffed animals for my 9 month old granddaughter.  I planned to knit pullover sweaters for my two grandsons, aged 6 and 2.

Those were the plans.  Here's what actually happened.

I actually did start in time to accomplish this all.  I started in October.  I started with the crochet sweaters first, because 1) they need to be mailed to the other side of the country, 2) they are larger to make, 3) I was designing them both.  They were not the same sweater done in different colors.  I learned a few things.  I need to start earlier still.  Don't get derailed by tragedies.  Don't do multiple granny squares and motif squares with multiple colors.  The weaving in of ends is murder.

Here is a look at the front and the back of them.




They love their sweaters.

This is as far as I got.  These were not even sent until January 4.  I got them done the 4th.  I made it to the mailing station 10 minutes before the delivery truck left to take my box of goodies away.  These were feast of the 3 kings gifts.  They got presents on Christmas day.  

The stuffed toys and knit pullovers?  They didn't happen.  Yet.  Presents were purchased for these grandkids.  Their birthdays are coming up soon and I will make these happen for the birthdays.

The blue sweater is Caron Simply Soft in teal zeal.  The pink sweater is 2 different hot pinks from Red Heart and Caron Simply Soft as well as a soft pink and a geranium pink from a long defunct yarn company.  The blocks were inspired by or actual patterns found on pinterest.  The back 6 are 8x8 inches.  The sleeves are different.  There are half square triangles, whole squares, jumbo squares.  Each jumbo holds 4 whole squares, 2 over 2. 

This year will be different.  I'm starting in June.

Happy New Year to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment