For the tree trunk i used a Styrofoam cone. I don't know how that will work out in the long run. Time will tell. I also had asked my husband for something to use as a base. My grass was ruffly, even after I ripped it out and redid it due to having too many stitches. I told him the diameter I wanted and how many holes along the edge I needed. He gave me a Plexiglas circle that did exactly what I needed. The tree was now stable and my grass stretched and unruffled.
I didn't do the fancy stitching at the edge for the grass. I had run out of time by that point and could no longer fiddle with it. The stitch asked for in the pattern is one I have not been able to do evenly for many years. As you can see, I am missing the tiger and monkey. Those will be done for when the baby is born along with 2 turtles. More about those soon.
|Our niece when she figures out what it all is..|