Thursday, June 6, 2013

A new take on Summer crochet and knit projects

June seems to be the month for weddings.  I know this because Las Vegas is the marriage capital of the world and June is their busiest month.  I can't guarantee the capital of the world for weddings but I do know June is the busiest.  Getting hotel rooms there can be brutal for the month of June.  September, around the SEMA (the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world) show, is also not too easy.  But back to June, I have a son getting married in Las Vegas in June, in just a few days actually.

Bride friendly gifts have been running through my mind for a while.  Wedding party ideas have also been swirling through.  I'm going to crochet a wedding purse for myself on the plane since I know what my limits are beforehand.  It will be a small beaded thing, nothing fancy but pictures will be posted after we return home.  I'm also going to make myself a general purpose multi pocketed wallet/purse for times when a purse is needed but not a fancy one and not the tourist fanny pack.  Most purses I carry are entirely too large to be airline friendly.

Some bridal ideas include a small clutch, a veil and/or headpiece if she hasn't chosen one yet, a shawl, or a garter.  Groom ideas could include boutonnieres for the men to wear.  

Check these links for some ideas:

lion brand bridal patterns





No comments:

Post a Comment