Thursday, October 5, 2017

Update on Christmas

I have changed my mind yet again. I know that's nothing new. 

For quite some time I had been planning to make 2 granny square jumpers (American not British) for my granddaughters.  They are 6.  Probably the ruffled skirts would not be appreciated by them.   I have chosen instead circle vests.  We've all probably seen them on ravelry.

My younger son is living with and talking about marrying a young woman. She has 2 children previously.  So I'm thinking of them and what might be appropriate for them.  One of the children is 4 and the other is less than a year.   They are boys.

Then there is my daughter in law.  I thought of a clapoti.  I thought of finishing one of the several things I started for her.  None of them are close to finished.

Finally there's the mystery young woman.   Because of the long hours she works, we don't get to see her and the kids to get to know them.  I know basic sizes and favorite colors for her.  I was wondering about a comodo possibility. 

I also considered something for each son.  A number of years ago, I knit a fair isle pattern raglan sweater for one son.   The other son has me completely baffled.  Maybe a knit tie?  Better still a knitted bowtie!  Now to find a kit from Franklin Habit for this.......

Pictures will come after Christmas for obvious reasons.  With a lot of luck, I will have pictures of all recipients wearing AND enjoying their creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment