Highlights so far
Bingo card for the year filled out. January. Discarded March. It had a cape,a coat, 3 dresses, 2 tablecloth repairs, 12 each hat cowl mittens slippers and blankets, 4 sweaters and a lot of other things. It was totally insane. Reason for discard...............
I signed up for the first level of the Master hand knitter's program. I had signed up for this in 2019 before we were in the whole buy a house and move and take care of those who can't for themselves.
So far I have the preliminary swatch done and 2 of the rib/garter swatch. I will say the program has changed since I signed up before. The report is not to be an academic paper but more so a book report type. The references have been streamlined to mainly articles from the national guild's magazine, Cast On.
I have also swatched for a class for beaded chain necklaces and a class for cup cozies. Both of them were taught at the gallery on market Street in a local town. I have also swatched for a scarf class coming this fall at the same place.
I've done a boatload of swatches for display boards for both knitting and crocheting. They are used for public interest.
The knit guild, the crochet guild and the lace group Ii belong to participated in the 4th of July celebrations. And we participated in the community night for the county fair. These generated interest.
I taught about Dorset buttons (history and the how to of the various types) at the knit guild and the lace group. Some of the people really ran with the idea. They created beautiful things.
I'm swatching for and teaching about rug braiding. The project is a trivet. I'm suggesting that people use an old sheet. They are readily available and washable. My issue like many is tension in the lacing of the braid.
I've learned about Romanian Point Lace. I have done my cord 3 times, each time improving. The project was a flower. I did the center in the wagon wheel pattern we were told to do. I did the leaves in the leaf pattern we were taught. Then I did the petals in each pattern in the hand outs. It is a bit over sized. It is definitely colorful.
I'm participating in the yarnsgiving event again. October 1 is the soft launch. October 11 is the full on launch. Check back here for the patterns I give. Check here for all the offerings.
I'm in an arrangement with the local grange hall to run a craft night. The local crochet guild secretary and I teach all kinds of things. We have run with crochet and knitting first. Now we are teaching macrame. I haven't done this since middle school. Each of the people who come bring with them a whole host of talents. One woman has been showing us a wide variety of old crafts that she learned from her grandmother. This is fun. The one that really wow'd us was the long pompom animals. I'll post a picture with the instructions in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment