Friday, April 8, 2016

shawls, the next installment

Recently I started a shawl that was very popular on facebook on one of the crochet groups.  I'm using two skeins of silk I got as part of my christmas gift.  It's beautiful if I do say so.  The pattern translates to lizard.  The pattern can be downloaded from here.  It's a free pattern on Ravelry.  Originally published in either Dutch or German, there is an English translation.  The pattern can use any size yarn and a hook appropriate for your gauge and yarn choice.  I'm using a G hook.

Another shawl that came across my inbox was the Marlybird Garter Stitch Shawl KAL.  It started March 30 and ends April 27.  Full details can be found here and here.  There is a giveaway from RedHeart.com if you post all the homework each week before the next installment comes out and your name is drawn. As stated above, get all the details on Ravelry or Marlybird's webpage.  While I realize this is supposed to be done in Red Heart yarns, I'm doing mine in Patons Pure Wool Crepe DK, cranberry and bottle, and Patons Pure Wool DK in cream.  These yarns are discontinued by many years but I happened to score them after a shop owner died 20 years ago.  I can't do the synthetics or acrylics so I use the natural fibers.  I'm using a size 6 US needle for this.

The first shawl will be sort of crescent shaped and sort of very long right triangle with stair steps on one long side.  It's a fun crochet accessory.  I know my daughter in law will want one when she sees it.  I have no clue what I'm doing the single crochet along the edge with.  Marly's shawl is a very wide short triangle with a point in the center.  It's a fun knit


UPDATE;  my Marly Shawl
This is Week 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment