Friday, July 28, 2017

I've decided to go for my masters

I've thought long about this step.  I think it will help me be a better teacher.  I think it will help me be a better knitter and crocheter. 

Which master level 1 am I starting with??? 

Musical ching a ring as Danny Kaye would say in movies like White Christmas.

Dun du du du (imagine the musical notes since I can't figure that part out)



Crochet.

I have picked my yarn.  I have my hook selection made.  I have my stitch and written work packet downloaded and printed.  I have a basket to contain this.  I have the materials for creating the binder as directed almost complete.  I'll be using an acrylic worsted weight yarn per directives, Lion Brand, Vanna's Choice in ice blue.  This might not be the actual name, but that is the color as it appears to me.  Probably I should have lined my basket (a wicker picnic basket) but not happening at this point.  My hooks will be Boye in a variety of sizes that will be changed as needed to get the gauge requested.  I will also be using a metal yarn needle to weave ends where needed or directed to. 

Now that the church carnival is over I can fully concentrate on it.  I'll post my progress as I make any without giving away the program.  Always a tricky job for those who attempt it, I think.  I will also be resuming as I indicated the year of stitches.  I love charts, now if only there were a standard knit chart font or symbol set the way there is for crochet

Have you gone through the CGOA masters program?  Let me know your thoughts.  What did you learn?  What did you think you knew but learned a lot about? 

I'm also working ahead on my online classes.  Yes I did say that a year ago.  However, there was a serious illness and a death in the family of my camera man and things fell by the wayside.  In the parable of what fits in the jar, I was not one of his big rocks, I'm sand.  Find the story here for those who don't know it.  What are your rocks?  Mine would be my husband, sons, daughters in law, grandchildren, parents in law and siblings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment