Friday, December 29, 2017

Who enjoys KAL or CAL?

Do you enjoy knit alongs or crochet alongs?  Do you like the suspense of it?  Do you like knowing you are working alongside others doing the same thing but different?

I used to think I would like it.  I even tried some online over the years.  I could never keep up though.  It seemed that when my sons were younger they ate up time, either because they truly needed me to do things for them or during school years, they needed me there to taxi.  As they got older and left home, things never seemed to slow down.  I seem to do better with an in person KAL or CAL.

This says I can commit to those I have to face in person rather than put off and play catch up when I feel like it or when I have time as I see fit.

I have been considering running a KAL/CAL in 2018.  Perhaps on a semi-monthly or monthly basis with clues coming out on the first or last day of the month or the first and 15th.  I'm unsure what type of project to do.  I do know, I would offer a YouTube video of an unfamiliar technique.  Options being considered are an afghan, a cowl/scarf, a shawl, a sweater.

Whatever is chosen will be in worsted weight.  That seems to be universally available.  Color options would be totally up to you.  The only advice I would offer is when a variegated or dark color might be inappropriate.  It's very hard to see things like lace or cables in dark or variegated yarns.

No comments:

Post a Comment