Saturday, September 29, 2018

lubushka



Have you seen this shawl by Irina Poludnenko?   Something about this speaks to me.  It could be the colors.  So many colors. It could be the auto pilot knitting of so many mitered squares and stripes.


My knitting guild is doing this shawl as a project.  It calls for some really interesting amounts of yarn.  I chose to go stash diving.  I prefer autumn colors.  I have a lot of wool needlepoint yarns, a lot of partial balls of wool yarn.  It calls for 33 colors in varying amounts.  I may have to make up the difference in a deep chocolate and cream yarns.

I could see this taking almost a year to make if just one square was done each day and one strip was done each day.  It would not be overwhelming that way  But it would be the project that seems to never end.

I can't wait to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment