Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My sweater pictures

I promised pictures of what I'm working on.   Here is the first installment.  I'm really working to get this finished but things at my day job are complicated and I'm having to work longer hours than usual.  I know pictures of the rest of my projects won't happen until this is done.

I have finished the back.



I have finished the 2 fronts.  The wishbone cable goes to the center on each side.

 
 
I'm working on the sleeves.  I have finally reached the sleeve caps.  That part is not shown in the picture below.
 

Left to do? A collar, wrists and body hem, and button band must be added once all the sewing up is finished.  Buttons must be chosen.  As you can see, I am a user of stitch markers.  I put them in on the beginning of the rows when I increased.  I keep track of my row counts for the cable twists.  I have markers on the needle to remind myself (in the beginning) where the cable went.  I am doing the sleeves both at the same time to ensure they are the same length and have the same number of cable twists.  Nothing worse than being the same length but lopsided.

Also left to do is translate the mess of notes I have been making to write a pattern for this. 
 



2 comments:

  1. You mentioned on the Yarn Harlot post that you hate the colour of this sweater, but it's something you can wear to work. Did you know that you can dye pure wool, and other animal fibres, with Koolaid, unsweetened Jello powders and food colouring? It's bad enough to be knitting such a great sweater in a colour you hate -- why on earth would you compound it by forcing yourself to WEAR a colour you hate????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be dying this at some future point. I've experimented in the distant past with this technique on various fibers with my kids. I've had varying amounts of success depending on the fibers and what I did or did not know at that time.

    The reason for the color is because I have limited colors(this beige/khaki or black) I can wear for the job this is being created for. Also, this color does happen to show off stitches well, not that this is apparent from my photos. I'm still working on photography skills. We can both agree that some colors don't show off the stitching well or at all even if they are the best color for the person wearing the item or the perfect color for the finished object.

    I have asked the same questions of other people that you are asking me with much the same passion I feel coming through your post. :) I will still wear this with pride because of the accomplishment and skills.

    Thanks for a great post. I appreciate the interest.

    ReplyDelete