Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A month of selfish knitting

I'm back on my comodo cardigan.  My sleeves needed redoing.  My gauge was off.  I also missed seeing a few decreases. After a dip in the frog pond, it's back on track.

I have lined up in my wips for January to finish an alpaca sweater.  The pattern is from Crochet Now! and is done in a very fine thread.  I'm using chunky yarn by Ella Rae. 

Next up is the French CanCan shawl that was a guild retreat project.  I'm making mine larger than the original called for.  For this I'm using Debbie Bliss Aran yarn in a beautiful maroon for the body and a light grey for the edging of cables and lace.

I'll have to stop them soon to whip up a Corkscrew hat by Michele Hunter.  This is another guild retreat project.  I haven't chosen my colors for this yet.  But it looks like a very fun knit and I can't wait to make it.  I also picked up the mitten pattern that matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment