Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Month of selfish knitting and crocheting

This post is another one I tried and failed to publish from my phone.  This could be the pictures I tried to add or something else.  I never know.

The holiday gift knitting and crocheting is over for another year.  Some things were better than others.  All in all I'll count this year a success.  I will be planning for next year.  But January is the month of selfish knitting and crocheting.  This month is all about me.

To this end I'm finishing wips.  My first one is done.  Yeah me!

I pulled out drachenflugel (dragon wing).  I used 2 and a part skeins of KFI 100% silk yarn in color 2 (metallics in appearance).  I used a size F hook for this slightly heavier than sport weight yarn.  I also added freshwater pearls at the points and along the end edge and point.  This is an asymmetrical shawl.  The pearls are dyed a nice pearly gold.  The yarn is from a LYS closing sale.  The pearls are from bead shop in Las Vegas while shopping with my daughter in law.





Now I think I'll finish my Comodo.  It's trying not to be a cat bed and failing.  I had ripped back the sleeves due to bad math on my part.  I also wanted it to be longer.  The sleeves are 15 rounds in length.  Decreases are happening evenly.

Check this out!

My Comodo.  Body to be lengthened.  Sleeves at 15 rds.

No comments:

Post a Comment