Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July

Happy 4th!!  As I type this, I am listening to the remnants of the fireworks display.  The locals in charge of this do a nice job every year.  Kudos to them.

And now for my first link for the Christmas in July.  I had been thinking all day on what I wanted to do.  Should it be a stocking stuffer?  Slippers that could be considered boring but oh so warm on the cold floors?  Mittens?  Hats?  Scarves?  No, not scarves.  I have been scarf-ed out for now.  Mittens came up as a classic and good idea.

Here is the link to a general pair for knitting:  http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/mittens-all  and for those who prefer crocheted mittens:  http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/crochet-mittens-all  Download either or both patterns just to keep yourself entertained.  Both can be done in solid colors, variegated, or stripes.  You can adjust cuff length to keep arms warm inside coat sleeves or keep them shorter for coats that have the knit cuffs on the sleeves.  You can change up the fibers you use as well.  These are patterned for worsted weight yarns so they can go quick and keep your loved ones warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment